you can judge how much I like you by what I’d knit for you for free
From Chuck Wendig’s blog: a hilarious and oh-so-true list of what to NEVER say to a writer.
“You Know, I Wanna Write A Book Someday.”
"Gosh, I wish I had time to write."
"Hey! You can write my idea."
"You should write my life story."
Are you a writer? Read his post to see the appropriate response (click on the title of this post & it will magically take you there).
Chuck Wendig is a national treasure and should be preserved accordingly.
Notice only 20 shades of gray
It’s been proven that women actually have an acute ability to pick up subtle differences in colors
In response to that last comment^^
Yes. It comes from the Hunter-Gatherer days.
Women were the gatherers. They had to be able to discern between the different shades of colors to know which plants were poisonous and which were not.
Men were out hunting, so they didn’t have to worry about that.
Which is why women see “Blood orange” and “crimson” and “scarlet” etc while guys just see “red”.
Well, that explains…
I KNEW THAT GIF WOULD BE AT THE BOTTOM
What if it bites me and it dies?
that means you’re poisonous. jesus christ, nate, learn to read.
What if it bites itself and I die?
What if it bites me and someone else dies?
That’s correlation, not causation.
what if we bite each other and neither of us die
oh my god
this is still my favorite text post collaboration ever
My friend is having a giveaway for pretty shinies! Go enter!
!!!!!500 FOLLOWER GIVEAWAY!!!!!
Wow, my friends! 500 followers! That’s about 499 more than I ever intended to have. To celebrate, I thought I would host a giveaway of a few things I create!
- 1st Prize: Your choice of one of the two flower tiaras pictured above, a bronze and gold oval skull box, a spooky purple, black, and silver two-frame booklet, an elegant dragon-heart necklace, a little Halloween snowglobe, and haunted house box with a bunch of seasonal extras!
- 2nd Prize: 5”x7” bronze picture frame with vintage postcard, an elegant address book, an abstract silver, red, and black round box, glow-in-the-dark skeleton gloves, a little Halloween snowglobe, and a small haunted house box with seasonal extras!
- 3rd Prize: 4”x6” gold picture frame with vintage postcard, a small circular glam spider box, and a coffin box with fun seasonal extras!
All winners will receive a handwritten postcard from me also.
In the event that the First Place Winner does not want a flower tiara, the choice will be given to the Second Place Winner.
I will ship worldwide. Everyone, feel free to enter!
How to Enter
So, you like my pretty things, you want my pretty things, I want to give you my pretty things… just how do you get my pretty things? Easy!
- You must be following me.
- You must reblog this post to enter. Likes do not count. Just please, for the love of all that’s evil, don’t spam your followers’ dashes.
- You must have your Ask Box open so I can contact you.
- You must be willing to give me an address where I can send your prize.
- You must not alter this post in any way or you will be disqualified.
- Optional: if you tell me in your tags why you want one of my items and you win, I will send you one of my art prints
- Optional: Follow me at GraveGlamour at Etsy to see new items!
- Optional: Follow me at GraveGlamour on Facebook where I often put new work up for sale first and discount codes for Etsy!
This giveaway ends 12:01am EST, 12 October 2014.
Winners will be drawn at random and will have 24 hours to respond. I will announce the winners as soon as all three prizes have been claimed.
Like what you see but don’t want to wait? Similar items and many other strange and wonderful things are available to purchase at my Etsy store. I also accept commissions.
Thank you so much to the two lovely people who gave me this tin! #lifesavers !
Well then, let me show you, because that’s what I do for a living.
Right now, it’s this time of the year, and the little ones have just freshly hatched:
You’ll notice they’re still blind and naked when they hatch. So I make them little coats…
Saxon Invasion Mittens
The yarn is Buffy Sock by Juno Fibre Arts, colourway “Graphite”. It’s really lovely stuff and so nice to work with. After some trial & error, I found that this yarn is well suited to cable stitches and not so much to knit/purl combos like the chevron stitch in the original pattern or traditional bobbles—hence, the cabled wrist panel and nupps.
I was very motivated to knit up this yarn because it was part of a very thoughtful and totally unlooked for gift from a lovely person. It’s funny, but I felt like I had to do something really special with this yarn as a way of thanking my new friend for her kindness. Normally when I acquire new yarn, I squirrel it away as if there is an impending global yarn shortage…especially luxury or indie-dyer yarn like this, which I never feel qualified to knit. But I braved it, and now I have new mittens, just in time for the first snowfall of the season!
Just wanted to show all of you dear followers this, in case you haven’t seen it already!
I must make these.
books are just dead tattoed trees
That’s metal as fuck